Home > By Abv% > 14.1% - HIGH >

Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape Rouge 2009
Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape Rouge 2009
 
: $69.00
abv 15%

Quantity in Stock:3
Qty:

Description
 
ABOUT: The Armenier family have been tending vines in Chateauneuf du Pape since the 1300's, and today the tradition is upheld by 2 winemaking sisters, Catherine Armenier and Sophie Estevenin. In 1990 they were the first property to implement biodynamic farming practices in Chateauneuf du Pape. The wine is 80% Grenache, 10% Mourvedre, with the difference rounded out by Syrah and Cinsault. Interestingly, 90% of the wine is aged in concrete vats while the remaining 10% is aged in tronconical casks for 18 months. Try saying tronconical ten times real fast.

TASTE: The wine is seriously perfumed with flavors and aromas of raspberries, licorice, and touches of that classic garrigue character, that herbaciousness that makes Chateauneuf du Pape so unique. The wine is medium bodied with elegant tannins and balanced acidity which will keep it drinking for many years to come.

PAIR: Tomatoes, eggplant, summer squash, leeks, couscous, potatoes, green beans, and Munster cheese.